Looking to brighten up your plate? Harness the flavors of the season with this perfect summer salad recipe!
What You’ll Need:
For The Salad
- 1 Bushel of Kale
- Sunflower Seeds
- 1 cup Edamame (Cooked, Shelled and Cooled)
- Goat Cheese Crumbles ( I used Vermont Creamery Cranberry & Tarragon Flavor)
For the Dressing
- 3 Parts Olive Oil
- 1 Part Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
Kale is one of my favorite vegetables. This superfood is packed full of nutrients such as Vitamin A and fiber and adds a hearty taste to your dish. One of the best parts about kale is that it stores well in the refrigerator. You can make a big batch and be able to get a few days out of it without losing its crunchy texture. This salad is a balance of sweet and salty sure to appeal to your tastebuds.
- Remove the kale from the stem, chop it into bite size pieces and place it in a large bowl.
- Massage the kale with your hands in a scrunch and release motion for 30 seconds.
- Chop the desired amount of strawberries into quarters and place into the bowl along with the shelled edamame.
- Sprinkle as much sunflower seeds and goat cheese crumbles as you want on top!
- Pour all parts of the dressing recipe in a jar and shake vigorously
- Drizzle dressing on top and toss with salad tongs
Voilá! Now it’s time to eat and enjoy your perfect summer salad 🙂